1. Maintain an accident and injury free workplace, proactive environmental operational ethic and a healthy workforce.
2. Establish a culture that values safety, environmental performance, and promotes health.
3. Establish an environment for reporting near-miss incidents, work-place hazards.
4. Ensure necessary level of production and its constant growth, increasing efficiency and productivity, reducing costs (material, financial, labor), rational use of production resources.
5. In accordance with the approved medium and long-term company business plans, manage action plan development and implementation related to the Project-phase operational readiness actions, safe and timely Commissioning-phase activities and the Operations-phase ramp-up of process production.
6. Jointly with the support services organize the development and implementation of plans for new techniques and technologies application, research and development activities.
7. Ensure the efficiency of project solutions, timely and quality preparation of production, technical maintenance, repair and modernization of equipment, delivering high quality output while development and production.
8. Organize improvement activities related to production improvement and update, improvement of works, engineering and technology, design and implementation of process mechanization and automation, inspection and testing of high-performance specific equipment, development of standards and norms for labor input rate, materials consumption for production and consistent cost saving.
9. Organizes research and testing of new techniques and technologies, as well as work in the field of scientific and technical information, rationalization and invention, implementation of best practices.
10. Organize training and skills development, and continuously improving the training level of all subordinate personnel.
11. Direct the activities of the technical support services, monitor its performance, labor and production discipline within subordinate units.
12. Be responsible for the results and efficiency of production.
13. Perform process management. Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as leading the Reconciliation Committee and consider the business impact of decisions.
14. Through the Chief Metallurgist, responsible for metallurgical accounting practices and review of daily, monthly and annual metallurgical reports.
15. Ensure fixed assets and plant is maintained to a high safety, productive and reliable standard.
16. Be responsible for the efficient maintenance execution of planned work to maximise overall availability and reliability, with particular regard to major shutdowns.
17. Develop and steward the annual and life of project process operations and maintenance budget.
18. Manage technical projects including defining and achieving project goals such as throughput or recovery enhancements, anticipating and minimizing risks and managing resources.
19. Establish and implement various Concentrator Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory and Regulatory requirements and all Company’s policies and procedures.
20. Ensure record keeping is maintained up to a date standard and in an orderly fashion.
21. Establish and maintain successful relationships with reagent, technology and component suppliers and business consultants.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Higher education with relevant specialization in Metallurgy Engineering or equivalent.
· 5 years of experience at similar senior managerial roles in mineral processing and metallurgy preferably within large copper concentrator.
· Experience with the start-up of concentrator operations.
· Experience in managing all concentrator activities.
· Direct experience in managing base metals flotation processes, with exposure to or management of SXEW processes being a distinct advantage.
· Solid computer skills in business software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, Outlook, etc.) and ERP systems such as Eclipse, Oracle, SAP or equivalent.
· Understanding of asset management / maintenance planning software.
· Knowledge of the RoK legislative and other normative acts, methodological and other materials relating to production, economic and financial activities of the company.
· Knowledge of profile, specialization and features of the company organizational structure.
· Knowledge of perspectives of technological, economic and social development of the industry and company business plan.
· Knowledge of the company production capacity and technology.
· Knowledge of the procedure for preparation and approval of company plans of industrial and economic activities.
· Knowledge of the methods of business and company management, procedures for the preparation and execution of economic and financial agreements.
· Knowledge of scientific and technical achievements within industry and the best worldwide experience.
· Knowledge of economics and organization of production, labor and management.
· Knowledge of the basics of RoK Labor Code, HSE rules and regulations, fire safety requirements.
· Ability to recognize unsafe and hazardous conditions
· Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities.
· Excellent communication, supervisory, coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities while providing leadership and direction.
· Driver’s License (B category).