1. Direct and coordinate activities of the Metallurgical Flotation / Filtration team, ensuring the associated circuits are performing correctly and sufficient monitoring and metallurgical test programs are maintained to ensure optimal performance is achieved.
2. Assist in the commissioning of the flotation / filtration circuits.
3. Provide leadership with monitoring, recording and optimising the performance of the flotation / filtration circuits.
4. Managing the day to day metallurgical activities related to reporting procedures, plant performance, implementation and improvements, testing and staff training.
5. Demonstrated strong understanding of instrumentation and DCS principles of operation, in order to interact with the system for information gathering and reporting.
6. Ability to understand advanced process control theory, along with DCS logic to assist in troubleshooting, and optimizations of circuits.
7. Providing technical advice to both maintenance and operation teams, along with developing and maintaining databases, reports and monthly statistics.
8. Prior experience with developing and implementing a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) system into a Greenfield site.
9. Coordination with other company groups, both within and without the Concentrator Department, the latter including the Mining, HSE, Human Resources and Finance Departments.
10. Ensure that communications are timely and efficient with regard to customers within the overall operations teams, as well as responding to the needs of the service groups, e.g.: HR, accounting, IT, etc.
11. Provide leadership with the Metallurgical Team to ensure that they work efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits;
12. Work as part of a team to establish and implement departmental policies, objectives and procedures;
13. Provide leadership for subordinate staff, including activities such as preparing work schedules, preparing job descriptions and assigning specific duties and tasks;
14. Select, train and develop candidates for subordinate roles with an eye towards those with exceptional talent for promotional and succession planning opportunity;
15. Lead and mentor the key departmental subordinates to ensure that the operational deliverables are consistently realized within their areas of accountability;
16. Ensure that the highest safety, health and environmental standards are met or exceeded; and
17. Promote a culture of awareness and commitment to safe working practices amongst all employees and contractors, which will enable a healthy and accident-free working environment.
18. Implement other tasks given by Line Manager within own competence.