1. Ensure all hazardous plant has maintenance strategies in place, which ensure integrity and safety and meet government regulations.
2. Ensure all equipment has maintenance strategies in place, established with safe work instructions for routine tasks, held so that they print with PM work orders.
3. Maintain a safe, healthy & environmentally fair and friendly work environment
4. Help Maintenance Foremen to achieve Maintenance cost targets.
5. Deliver a suitably resourced maintenance schedule.
6. Deliver an accurate and measured capacity plan.
7. Ensure work packages are complete before commitment to the schedule.
8. Ensure quality documentation is created and included in work packages and that quality assurance engineers and trade specialists are assisting the maintenance supervisors to complete achieve the required standard.
9. Ensure emerging or consequential maintenance is appropriately prioritised and scheduled.
10. Lead short and long term planning.
11. Assist maintenance engineers in establishing best practice and failure analysis of machinery and components.
12. Plan, schedule and coordinate major component exchange program.
13. Plan, schedule and coordinate major overhauls of front line mining equipment and large ancillary mobile plant.
14. Close liaison with production personnel to ensure rolling maintenance schedules are agreed and supported.
15. Liaise with the Supply group and the OEM’s to ensure the correct materials are suitably stocked.
16. Deal with OEMs for consignment stock issues and any matters relating to parts availability.
17. Ensure service kits are packaged and stocked as service kits for routine services of front line mining equipment and large ancillary plant.
18. Aid in the training of the national personnel within your work group in order to meet the nationalization goals of the organization.
19. Use the principles of Lean Manufacturing for continuous improvement.
20. Develop reports against the department’s performance metrics.
21. Within a rolling 12 week planning window (in line with the mine operations plan), establish weekly and four-weekly schedules highlighting key activities and milestones;
22. Using the CMMS, establish and maintain a Work Management system to provide accurate and timely schedules, fleet history, parts / components stock holding and availability, work order detail, wear analysis, failure prediction and trends
23. Optimize maintenance effectiveness through the use of dispatch technology and machine health report analysis, promoting safe reliability as a performance culture;
24. Develop, maintain and improve area and work standards and procedures. Lead and coach subordinates in this process;
25. Develop a culture of continuous improvement measures in each production area and promote action around delivering targets. Lead and provide feedback on projects;
26. Deputize for the Maintenance Manager during his absences in collaboration with the Mine Maintenance Superintendent.
27. Work as part of a team to establish and implement departmental policies, objectives and procedures;
28. Provide leadership for subordinate staff, including activities such as preparing work schedules, preparing job descriptions and assigning specific duties and tasks.
29. Implement other tasks given by Line manager within own competence.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Higher technical education with relevant specialization in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· 5 years of experience at corresponding supervisory positions working in the fields of Reliability Engineering, Planning and Scheduling, Maintenance Quality Management, Major Overhauls Coordination and whole of life strategic asset management planning within a mining environment.
· Knowledge of mine operations concepts, practice and procedures.
· Maintenance knowledge of Caterpillar equipment and a range of hydraulic shovels (electric hydraulic shovel maintenance knowledge is desirable).
· Strong exposure to supervising maintenance activities (e.g. technical trades, stock management).
· Experience with business process development for maintenance at a Greenfield/Start-up operations.
· Intimate knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, having been closely involved with at least one Greenfield implementation.
· Demonstrated project management leadership in relation to maintenance of mining equipment including major overhauls.
· Ability to assess risk in relation to occupational hazards and apply appropriate precautions and safeguards, demonstrating a high level of safety.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Power Point, etc.)
· Knowledge and experience with ERP systems.
· Skills in database enquiry and reporting software such as Oracle, Business Warehouse or Business Objects and Open Database Connectivity for use with the CMMS is desirable.
· Knowledge of RoK legislative and other normative acts, relating to production and maintenance activities.
· Knowledge of basics of RoK Labor Code; HSE rules and regulations, fire safety requirements.
· Ability to prioritize tasks with an unwavering commitment to safety and best practice.
· Ability to lead presentations and discussions around planning and reliability priorities and to maintain composure under stressful situations and make independent decisions.
· Highly developed communication, supervisory, coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
· Skills in report writing and problem solving.
· Driver’s License.
· Initially based in Almaty on 5/2 work schedule (temporarily) with further relocation to site on a rotating work schedule.