- Audit and analyse procedures and practices within the Mine Departments (Engineering, Operations, Maintenance and Training), and streamline the workflow through the implementation of new technology and applications.
- Supervise mine project activity on a 24/7 production schedule.
- Oversee the coordination and completion of all mine projects between Supervisors, Foreman, Contractors and Operators.
- Plan, in close consultation with other integrated departments, the project schedule, implementation, completion and commissioning with minimal impact to production targets.
- Optimize mine production through the use of new technology projects and productivity analysis, promoting safe efficiency as a culture.
- Develop, maintain and improve area and work standards and procedures. Lead and coach subordinates in this process.
- Develop a culture of LEAN / continuous improvement measures in each departmental area and promote action around delivering targets.
- Ensure that regular reporting of production activities are accurate and timely.
- Supervise project Contractors on a day to day basis.
- Work as part of a team to establish and implement departmental policies, objectives and procedures.
- Provide leadership for subordinate staff, including activities such as preparing work schedules, preparing job descriptions and assigning specific duties and tasks.
- Assure supervision makes necessary equipment and task assignments.
- Attend daily project execution meetings, including safety discussions.
- Assure all are fit for duty.
- Coordinate activities between all Mine Departments while following the necessary protocol. Report any issue that may compromise the safe and efficient operation within the Mine Department teams.
- At the end of a day, file a report with the Mine Operations Manager as to the activities of the day.
- At a minimum, develop, review and understand project schedules and all other mine related needs and issues identified by mine management.
- Perform and document pre-shift inspections.
- Assure all subordinate operators are performing and documenting pre and post shift equipment and work area inspections.
- Provide training opportunities as operation’s needs allow.
- Administer the discipline policy.
- Upon a safety related incident or accident, participate in the accident investigation as assigned.
- Communicate to team all company related information as advised by management.
- Review and update standard operating procedures as they relate to Mine Department actives.
- Manage the works of contractors or technology vendors as required.
- Follow the protocol as identified in the supervisor’s handbook.
Implement other tasks given by Line manager within own competence.
• Good knowledge of available technology and solutions to optimize mining operations and procedures.
• Ability to understand mine plans, drilling and blasting, pit dewatering, mine area drainage, slope stabilizing methods.
• A full grasp of the understanding of open pit mining techniques
• Ability to recognize unsafe and hazardous conditions
• Solid computer skills in business software such as Microsoft Office and Ellipse CMMS.
• Familiar with the use of FMS (fleet management systems) such as Dispatch, Jigsaw or MineStar, and how to utilize such data to optimize mining operations.
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities.
• Excellent communication, supervisory, coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities while providing leadership and direction.
• Knowledge of the RoK legislative and other normative acts, methodological and other materials relating to production activity.
• Knowledge of the basics of RoK Labor Code, HSE rules and regulations, fire safety requirements.
• Project management experience
• 5 years of experience at similar roles in mining.
• Experience with the start-up or improvement of mine operations.
• Experience working with open pit mining equipment. Education degree Bachelor degree - specialization in Engineering (Mining, Civil, Project Management, Technology, Systems) or Computer Science.
• Computer Skills: Advanced user with knowledge of FMS (fleet management systems) such as Dispatch, Jigsaw or MineStar, and how to utilize such data to optimize mining operations.
6 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation roster