· Develop, implement and lead activities of the maintenance sub-department across both SXEW and sulphide concentrator plants, including mechanical and electrical maintenance of the crushing, milling, flotation, thickening and filtration sections, including shutdown scheduling, planning and reviewing of stores inventory to minimize downtime and maximize throughput.
· Coordinate through subordinates the maintenance of other fixed assets such as the mine workshop.
· Ability to optimize process production through leadership and direction of staff and communication and coordination with the operations, training and metallurgy groups inside the Process Department and with external groups including the Mining, HSE, Human Resources and Finance Departments.
· Manage the development of maintenance plans, budgets and schedules.
· Manage the execution of maintenance plans and assessment of efficiency and execution improvements.
· Manage and implement company safety standards and set expectations at all levels of staff and supporting contractors.
· Ensure that the Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation maintenance of the concentrator meets the company’s requirements by utilising the highest international standards at the Aktogay concentrator.
· Record evidence of all maintenance employees attending regular safety meetings.
· Ensure the safety of all personnel through diligent monitoring of hazards, implementation of the company’s safety policies and controls
· Ensure that any safety incidents/accidents are investigated and reported within the agreed time frame and implement regular safety audits and develop acceptable compliance levels against benchmarks.
· Develop the Maintenance planning department to include Work Permits and Parts lists for all standard jobs
· Develop the workforce to be competent in all areas of maintenance activities.
· Recruit the workforce to cover the skills required for efficient operations of the department
· Review Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation spare parts inventories to ensure sufficient spare parts are held in stock to smoothly support this function.
· Ensure that all critical spares have been identified and are on site, and that all the recommended vendor spares have been catalogued and added to stores inventory
· Ensure all statutory requirements for the site are met, and exceeded, in relation to electrical and mechanical systems.
· Ensure that effective preventative maintenance and monitoring systems are implemented in the Aktogay concentrator.
· Ensure that communications are timely and efficient with regard to staff, senior management and other groups as appropriate. This communication will include and senior site meetings, reports as determined by senior management, programmed coordination meetings with operations and maintenance and other meetings as required.
· Work as part of a team to establish and implement departmental policies, objectives and procedures.
· Provide leadership for subordinate staff, including activities such as preparing work schedules, preparing job descriptions and assigning specific duties and tasks.
· Select, train and develop candidates for subordinate roles with an eye towards those with exceptional talent for promotional and succession planning opportunity.
· Lead and mentor the key departmental subordinates to ensure that the operational deliverables are consistently realized within their areas of accountability.
· Implement other tasks given by Line manager within own competence.