1. Direct and coordinate activities of the concentrator operations within the department, including clay and sulphide concentrator production, setting of operating parameters and liaising with procurement to ensure sufficient supplies of process inputs.
2. Develop, implement and lead activities of the operational sections of both clay and sulphide plants
3. Ability to optimize mill production through leadership and direction of staff, communication and coordination with the operations, training and maintenance groups inside the Concentrator Department and, with external groups including the Mining, HSE, Human Resources, Supply Chain Management and, Finance Departments;
4. Manage and develop of operating plans, budgets and, schedules
5. Manage the execution of operating plans and assessment of efficiency and, execute improvements as required
6. Manage and implementation of company safety standards and, set expectations at all levels of staff and supporting contractors
7. Ensure that communications are timely and efficient with regard to concentrator staff, senior management and other groups as appropriate. This communication will include and senior site meetings, reports as determined by senior management, programmed coordination meetings with operations and maintenance and other meetings as required;
8. Monitor mill operations employees to ensure that they work efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits;
9. Work as part of a team to establish and implement departmental policies, objectives and procedures;
10. Provide leadership for subordinate staff, including activities such as preparing work schedules, preparing job descriptions and assigning specific duties and tasks;
11. Select, train and develop candidates for subordinate roles with an eye towards those with exceptional talent for promotional and succession planning opportunities;
12. Develop the work force to be competent in all areas of operating activities
13. Review operating consumables to ensure products of the correct specification and of the correct quantities are available
14. Ensure all RoK statutory requirements are meet in relation to the operating plants
15. Lead and mentor the key departmental subordinates to ensure that the operational deliverables are consistently realized within their areas of accountability;
16. Ensure the safety of all personnel through diligent monitoring of hazards/risks, by implementing the company’s’ safety policies and controls
17. Promote a culture of awareness and commitment to safe working practices amongst all employees and contractors, which will enable a healthy and accident-free working environment.
18. Develop and manage annual budgets reflecting all section needs whilst supporting other sections with inputs
19. Lead and mentor the key department subordinates to ensure that the operational deliverables are consistently realised within their areas of accountability
20. Implement other tasks given by Line manager within own competence.
• Higher education with relevant specialization in Metallurgy / Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of similar managerial experience in minerals processing and direct experience with the startup of operations.
• Proven leadership qualities in managing all minerals processing related activities (e.g. crushing, grinding, flotation, thickening, tailings storage).
• Direct experience in large SAG / flotation concentrator operations, exposure to SXEW operations would be an advantage.
• Experience with planning and maintenance functions (and others as required) to ensure production targets and budget are achieved.
• Knowledge of the RoK legislative and other normative acts, methodological and other materials relating to production activity of the plant.
• Knowledge of the basics of RoK Labor Code, HSE rules and regulations, fire safety requirements.
• Ability to prioritize tasks with an unwavering commitment to safety and best practice.
• Ability to lead presentations and discussions around operational priorities and to maintain composure under stressful situations.
• Highly developed communication, managerial, coaching and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities.
• Strong proficiency in verbal and written communication.
• Skills in report writing and problem solving.
• Driver’s license (light vehicles).